Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I like tradition

If you have not yet read my title, read it now. As far back as I can remember it has been Captain Chaos. Perhaps it is the alliteration or the fact that getting used to a new title would bug me or just that I want to be different that I am going to vote no for the promotion.

Also, what more chaos has he done to deserve the promotion? From 1967-1985 he was just Chaos. Then from 1985- present he has been Captain Chaos. Now let's review his life to see what he did to deserve the last promotion. In 1967 he had no kids, let alone a wife. In 1985 he had been married for 16 years, had seven kids, and one on the way. That alone calls for the promotion to Captain. But why Major now? All the kids are leaving the home. He seems a lot more mellow and less chaotic now than he has in the past. Not only do I see no need for a promotion, but no necessity. I think that if he even wants to remain Captain he should have to take a recertification examination. I mean please, you have to be chaotic to have the title Captain Chaos. I do not recommend a demotion for I think that he has reached Captain Tenure, but lets at least keep it an alliteration. Colonel, or Commodore, or Commander and Chief, or Constable, even King. Let's look at our options before we make it official.

That is my spare change.

-N (for you T)

No comments: