Monday, December 20, 2004

Christmas Day roll call

So I know where to start dialing my phone, where is everyone going to be on Christmas Day? I know that Tawnia, Emily and Clarissa will be at Mom and Dad's house. (Any plans to go to Sam and Deb's for a while, or anyone else's? Eric did call me on Thanksgiving looking for YOU. Good thing I'd talked to Mom that morning.) What about everyone else? Staying home, or out visiting other family? Adam and I will be snug in our little home, and not going anywhere. Please email any alternate phone numbers, or give them to Mom and I'll get them from her.

The 12 Days of Christmas are continuing right along, when we have time. We baked sugar cookies on Day 4 (Thursday) but I thought we ran out of butter for the frosting, so we're still working on getting all the treats done. So there went the Day 5/Friday plan, which was to take the treats to friends. Day 6/Saturday, we went ice skating at the outdoor rink on the Mall, same place as our first date. Day 7/yesterday, we were going to listen to the First Presidency Devotional online, but Adam was studying for a final and working on a paper still. (I tell ya, this semester is NEVER going to end.) Tonight, it's the Forgotten Carols but I don't know if we'll make it through the whole thing in one shot. We're having some other young married couples from our ward over tomorrow night, and I'm making a huge apple crisp. Maybe Adam will read to me while I peel apples.

And last, but CERTAINLY not least, CONGRATS TO JARED! Oh happy day, to graduate from college with a full bachelor's degree! And big hugs and high fives to Michelle for all her hard work in the last 6 1/2 years too. By the time Adam finishes with grad school, it will be about that same amount of our married life as well. This gives me hope that there is, indeed, an end out there somewhere. And hooray for the new job that he's really enjoying. And *wink, nudge* good for you with having the kids away overnight on Saturday so you could really enjoy the work party and having your own bonding time. But I do have one question - what exactly is Jared doing for work, and does this job have anything to do with his degree? Or was it one of those situations where they don't care what college degree that you have, just that you have one? Just wondering.

Merry Christmas, everyone, and talk to you on Saturday.

1 comment:

Frank and Evelyn said...

This is dad... not mom
Sam and Deb and family etc coming for dinner on the 24th at OUR house.... After our program and they will head for home around 8 pm..... We will be home all day on Christmas

LOVE YA...
Dad