Thursday, December 23, 2004

hold up there a second

Wait a minute - we can't have an acceptance speech from Major Chaos on Christmas Day ... even though I did vote for the promotion, on the announcement page (Dad's "restricted" section), it says: "This promotion is contingent on a unanimous vote from the board of directors." 5 to 2 is not unanimous, and Eric says he would have also voted No, so that's 3 opposed. So I believe those in favor have some lobbying to do in a hurry, or maybe a postponement until New Year's, or maybe the proposal is going down in defeat.

And on that happy note ... the hard part of our "situation" is over. I'm feeling better but very weak. Adam has put me on bed rest. He's threatening to duct tape me down if I keep getting up. So we're watching Christmas movies and playing lots of Phase 10. Adam is practicing the piano/keyboard while I'm doing some stuff on the computer right now. He's let me open a couple of Christmas presents early to cheer me up - he got us matching leather jackets (buying stuff online is REALLY inexpensive, because I quizzed him on the cost for that one), and the DVD of "Oscar." The Palmer family favorite has advanced to a new generation, and it's a trinadam caudle favorite now too.

I forgot to post our favorite Christmas songs the other day - my favorite is "What Child is This" with "O Holy Night" a very close second. Adam says he really likes "I heard the bells on Christmas day." We did a really cool arrangement of "It came upon the midnight clear" in ward choir this year - I've always thought it was pretty but no more so than anything else, but this gave a new perspective on it.

No comments: