Thursday, December 16, 2004

I vote for Major General Chaos

Hello family.

Tawnia, do you know what Clarissa and I are planning to do on New Year's Eve? We've been planning this for about three years, actually. We are going to watch "Lord of the Rings." All of it. Extended, of course. It'll take about twelve hours.

Clarissa and I have been planning the Christmas program, choosing scriptures, what hymns to sing, where to sing them. We decided that we will be singing all the verses. We'll have enough hymn books for everyone, and we won't be enacting it (though we may still wear bathrobes and bedsheets).

Tonight, Clarissa and I went to Enrichment. We each brought a white elephant gift that represents us. I, for example, gave away a Harry Potter bookmark. Clarissa gave away an old Faith Hill CD. We had to guess which presents came from which people. (I don't know how obvious mine was, because mine was the last one, so it was just a process of elimination.) Clarissa got a box of candy and homemade fudge, peanut brittle, and almond roca from Sister Egan. I got mint skittles from Jenna. Jenna had spiky hair tonight; it's long enough now that she can almost do something with it.

Anyway, Merry Christmas. "Promise yourself some relaxing holiday moments" and "the best Christmas decoration is a smile" -- found inside wrappers of Dove chocolate.

Love,
Emily

No comments: