Saturday, December 04, 2004

Christmas

Hey Everyone --

First to all those not in Oregon for the holidays your presents are in the mail as of today. So be on the lookout for a package from Utah (Trina, Eric, Jared, and Mindy).

What I remember about putting up the Christmas tree. Well, I remember that it was fake more often then real, at least in my rememberings. I remember that we'd get the Christmas trunk and push it over to wherever Dad had put up the tree (and Dad would put the lights on first.) Then we'd open the trunk (and yes, I do remember the smell of that) and take out the ornaments. We used to have tinsel but that was only when I was little, and we'd put it on, one piece at a time. I had certain ornaments that I liked to put on. Such as the Rudolph that I made in kindergarten, and those glass ones that had plastic squirrels inside (do you know what I'm talking about?) It was always a big deal to put the angel on, though I don't remember actually being the one that ever did. Then we would decorate the rest of the house... put up our stockings and whatever other holiday decorations we had... like those big letters that spelled out Merry Christmas (I think Dad had drawn them.) When I was a little older Mom got her Christmas village, and we always had to decorate the mantle of the fireplace with stuff. One thing that I remember is that there was always music playing... when I was little it was Christmas 8-tracks, then we moved to tapes, and now it's the Manheim Steamroller CD's.

So far this year, I don't really feel very Christmas-y. We've been listening to Christmas music since October, which I don't mind, but it's not making me feel in the Christmas spirit. I think my main issue is not being at home and seeing the tree and decorations.... besides I don't really care about the presents I get anymore... so Christmas is a little different for me this year.

Anyway, I AM excited to be going home... in only 17 more days.

-Tawnia

No comments: