Thursday, December 30, 2004

Brooke is 5 today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BROOKE!
Aunt Trina and Uncle Adam are very proud of you.
Since Brooke hasn't talked to me on the phone the last couple of times I've called, I thought it would be better to just post here on the blog ... and maybe she'll talk when I call her later tonight.

The neighbors I remember are the Albertsons, the Hubers, and the Syphers.

About goals, Adam and I kinda set some together for the next year. It was more like I wrote some down, and Adam didn't disagree with any of them when he looked over the piece of paper.

- improve our temple attendance, and go to a couple of new temples this year.
- get all debt paid off by the summer except the student loans, which we're of course continuing to pay: credit cards, the car, and what I owe Dad.
- get our emergency preparedness stuff up to speed. We're doing this by buying a few specific things per month. One month, we got a case of water bottles. Another, jumper cables for the car. Next - a fire extinguisher for the apartment.
- keep going on our 50-state and historical sites lists. It's SO EASY here on the East Coast where the states are so small that it's stupid to not take advantage of that.
- go to one of each of the following: theater, symphony, pro sports, and Christmas events. They're definitely our splurge thing but worth the effort, and besides, sometimes we get free tickets to the Kennedy Center. We got all 4 this year, and paid for only 2.

I guess the first 3 are actually targeted goals, and the other 2 are from our Top 100 list. Oh well.
I also have my own personal goals that I usually set for the year and work on them in monthly increments. I have no idea what my goals were that I set in January (the week before we got engaged), and then realigned in April to be more suited to married life ... don't remember a darned thing. However, I've been doing much better since August on a monthly basis. The BBC Blog was originally started for us girls to talk about fitness goals and other random things. It got expanded to goals in general - my post on August 10th explains our little program, and Sept. 1 is when we started calling it SPEMO. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to set year-long goals for 2005, or just continue with the monthly thing.

No comments: