Friday, December 17, 2004

The Chaotic Debate

I had my argument all mentally written but I couldn't get our webpage to work, and now the debate is over. Well, you can hear it anyway. After being married to me for 35 years Dad deserves a promotion. I think he should go all the way to General Chaos. I guess if anyone actually deserves the title of Major Chaos it would be me, but I like my title as The Mama or even The Grandmama. Now, Nathan and Clarissa, think about our home. Is it unchaotic just because there are fewer people at home than there were when the title of Captain was bestowed? We have more things to keep track of, computers and DVDs, videos and tons of pictures, cell phones and the Palmer Bank, grandchildren and in-laws and just lots of STUFF. Dad usually tries to find a place to put things but he's learned some bad habits from me like when I try to find a place to put something it's usually just down. Maybe if I was better organized he wouldn't be so deserving of the title. Just think of it this way we're on a ship of Chaos and he's the man in charge of it all. That's why he deserves this promotion.

By the way, Dad has greatly enjoyed the debates and is keeping all of the arguments to add to his memoirs. He's thinking about his acceptance speech and should have it ready to post by Christmas Day.

Love ya,
MOM

No comments: