Monday, December 13, 2004

Merry Christmas

Hello. I apologize for not posting sooner, and I don't have much of an excuse beyond that I still need a router for my computer so I can connect it to the internet. (Yes, my new computer is here, and it's better than my parents' computer.)

Anyway, since classes are over, I've been spending my time working on my computer. In the evenings, we watch Christmas movies (like "The King is Born" or "It's a Wonderful Life") or read stories (we read the chapters about Christmas from the Little House books and some books like "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" and "Little Red Buckets." We also try to find information about the Christmas carols. And I got out a whole stack of home Christmas movies to watch. It's so fun to see us act out pageants, sing songs, and try to guess what we're getting. (Ten years ago, Jared seemed to think everything was a moose.)

We haven't had any questions for a while, so I'll ask one. What is your favorite Christmas carol and why? I like Manheim Steamroller's arrangement of "Joy to the World," since that is often what we hear when we attack the stockings or open up the trunk of decorations or hang the first ornament on the tree. And I like "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen," because of the time Nathan forgot the words and we sang the chorus over and over on our way home from caroling -- until Mom stuck in a tape, and it was playing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen." We laughed the rest of the way home.

Love ya,
Emily

P.S. I've updated my web site.

No comments: