Saturday, April 29, 2006

Made it

Well, family, I am now in D. C.

Yesterday, there was a graduation ceremony. It was good. Emilie Feinauer was one of the speakers; I saw her father at the luncheon/reception afterwards. He recognized me. I hear she's getting married in August. During the ceremony, there were speeches about how our education gave us the tools we need, about serving others (our motto is "learn that life is service"), and about spirituality. And at the end, the choir sang "Shenandoah."

After the graduation, I was helping Rebecca (who will be my roommate next year) move all her things to Grace Mullen's house -- that's where we'll be staying. She's actually going to spend the summer with her family in Indiana, but we're storing some things there. (I left some of my books there too.) When we were done with that, we went to Alexander's for milk shakes and dinner. (They'll make a shake with any kind of ice cream they have; it's a good restaurant.)

Then this morning, I got up. Rebecca came over, and we spent most of the morning playing card games until Adam showed up. I checked out, and then we drove up here.

No comments: