Wednesday, April 05, 2006

3 days to go

Get me through today, tomorrow, and Friday at work - one more conference under my belt - and I'm home free. Once this conference is over, I'll spend the next month piddling around at work sorting through old files and paring them down, and doing some random research on a couple of projects ... things I can actually leave mid-stream without anyone panicking. (At least I hope not, but I've been surprised before.) The next 72 hours are a total and complete pain in the butt because people just DON'T GET IT that I can no longer respond to their every whim. My "mini project" for this week is to control my tongue - yesterday, I came within a breath of saying to one of my bosses - "Are you STUPID???" It's a good thing it was over the phone, because my expression would have definitely given it away.

But over to happier things ... if you haven't hit "refresh" on the homepage lately, you should. When Eric's personal link says "Eric, Laurel & Stevie," that's the new one. I really like it. It did take me a couple of minutes to figure out where the Stevie pictures were (you have to click on his head, and it's a bit smaller circle than I had anticipated.) And yes, Laurel, that story about Eric cracks me up too. I think I was the one who first spotted the red on his butt from completely shredding his pants and underwear. He didn't feel it for a while because the water was so cold and we all went numb.

No comments: