Monday, April 24, 2006

Traditions

For my FHE Blog I decided to talk about Traditions.

Traditions do not have to be just on holidays, though holidays are important times to have traditions for. Traditions can also be daily things, such as holding hands during family prayer, reading a scripture as you share breakfast together, or having a special bedtime routine for your kids. Traditions can even be having something special that you say to each other. These traditions are important because they bring you closer as a family. We have traditions in our family (Christmas caroling has always been one of my favorites) and as we start our individual family units we can choose to carry on these traditions or create our own. It might be a good idea to sit down as a couple and decide on traditions that you have already created, and what other traditions you want to start. For us single folk, it is something to keep in mind as you start to get more serious (ie engaged) to talk about.

Anyway, I know that's not much, but it's the best I could do off the top of my head for today. I'm sure there are some good articles about traditions by some general authorities but I didn't look any up.

As to the "home" question.... currently I don't really consider my apartment to be a home, but my home has two bedrooms, one for me, and one for Mindy. It has a nice big kitchen that you can actually move around in and it has counterspace that you can cook on. And only two people share the cupboard space and refrigerator. The living room is spacious and the front window looks out on a little creek. It's wonderful... and I'll be moving there in three months.

Love,
T

No comments: