Monday, April 03, 2006

"hurry up and wait"

Doctor's report from this morning - the baby is currently head down and facing my right side with her butt and legs up in my rib cage. So Adam did call her position correctly. She's just starting to drop, which is causing my feet to swell. Over the weekend and today, I can't wear shoes - just flip flops and even those hurt. No bed rest and I'm doing fine, but I have to keep my feet up and take it easy with work. (A very "funny" thing to say since I have a work conference this week starting Thursday, complete with 2 very demanding and rather hysterical bosses. Yes, I was lectured this morning about "working too hard.") My blood pressure has gone back down to where it's been all along (it had gone up at my last appointment), and the baby's heartrate is steady and normal. Now that I'm in the final month, I start having appointments every WEEK instead of every month.

Doctor's estimate: She'll be on time (first week of May), not early or late. She'll be around 7 lbs. and come out very easily. Adam is getting impatient for her to be born so he can play with her, but the estimate works for me.

No comments: