Monday, April 17, 2006

"full term" zone

If Summer were born today, she would no longer be considered a preemie or even particularly "early." 3 weeks to go to the due date, so it's now a full-term pregnancy. She's been moving a bit more than usual this morning, just sort of shifting around and she has the hiccups right now as I'm typing this. (I can watch them now, instead of just feel them.) Last night, I told her that if she wants more room, she has to come out because I don't have any more space to give her. Baby checkup this week is Wednesday, and Adam and I are going to a 2-hour prenatal class at Keizer on Thursday (right smack in the middle of the day - how convenient). It's not Lamaze or anything like that - just a "what to expect about giving birth" sort of thing.

Tawnia saying that she's going to visit Stevie (and Eric and Laurel and Disneyland) in June reminded me of what I've been saying to Adam for a couple of weeks now - if family wants to come visit, the BEST time is in the spring. The flowers and blossoming trees and everything - it's absolutely beautiful. The weather is really nice - cold days here and there, but mostly nice. It's warmed up but the humidity hasn't kicked in yet. The summer has always been my favorite season out west because it's all about the beach and road trips and such. Here, I like spring the best. It's raining today, which we've been overdue for. The grass and trees were starting to come in a bit yellow. This is freshening everything into GREEN GREEN GREEN. It's beautiful.

No comments: