Wednesday, April 05, 2006

What Eric is up to

The following was going to be a post on my other blog, but I wanted to show my support of this blog and also give you something new to read when you checked this blog. I hope you enjoy it.

Today I am at work. I work from 7:30 to 4:30 pretty much every weekday. I wake up at six (though this morning I turned off my radio, which is set to 91.5 FM, KUSC, your listener supported classical music station, and woke up again at 6:30) and get out the door at seven. I drive to the People's Choice Home Loan office at 7515 Irvine Center Drive in Irvine, and then put my lunch in the fridge and turn on my computer.

After work, where I either write training manuals or deliver classes, or both, I drive home. It usually takes longer to drive home than drive to work. Sometimes I listen to the radio. Sometimes I listen to CDs. Lately I've been burning MP3's of BYU devotional talks onto CD and listening to them in the car. I'm planning on doing this with several sections of the Doctrine and Covenants that I want to memorize, since hearing Thomas S. Monson in general conference and the same story in greater detail at stake conference.

After I get home I talk to Stevie and play with him and sing songs to him, but only if he's awake. He usually is. He is always happy to see me and gives me a big smile and does his frogger kick with his legs. He's such a happy and cute baby.

Laurel makes great dinners, and we eat them together in the evening. Sometimes we watch TV, sometimes we don't. Sometimes we eat Chinese, sometimes pasta, and sometimes meat and potatoes. Laurel really likes potatoes. She cooks with fresh potatoes, never the dehydrated kind. We usually have a veggie: lettuce or peas or broccoli most of the time.

Usually we have something to do in the evening. Monday is FHE, Tuesday is YW and usually basketball afterwards. Yesterday was a day like that. We had sweet hot pork for dinner (with broccoli) and then headed over to the church. I gave a talk on studying the scriptures to the Young Men and Young Women. They were very attentive after a few minutes of getting settled in. I think the Spirit was there and they learned some new things.

Our basketball team, the T2-A team lost last night, after being ahead in the first half, we ended up losing by around 10 points. It was a battle all night, but we just couldn't stop one of their guys from getting the ball and scoring down low. It was frustrating, but we're already in the playoffs, and the team that beat us might not be. Laurel worked at the scorer's table, as she often has. Stevie sat beside her in his carseat. At the end of the evening we often watch TV together and eat popcorn, or in the case of last night: chips and salsa.

Anyway, Wednesday night and Thursday night we sometimes have basketball, and I used to have Elders Quorum Presidency meeting on Thursday night, but since I was just released, I don't have that anymore. I will soon be going out on visits with other ward missionaries. Mainly we're working with the members and helping them share the gospel with their friends.

Friday night is date night. Sometimes we get a sitter and go out and sometimes Stevie comes with. We go to Disneyland sometimes because we already have the passes so free date.

I hope you've enjoyed this insight into the life of Eric. Thanks for reading.

The following was going to be a comment under Trina's post, but I thought I'd move it here since sometimes it's hard to find those, and they don't show up at first.

Yeah Treen. Bite your tongue. I know it's tough sometimes. It's always better to pick battles and go into them with a level head.

I'm glad you like the new page. We took a bunch of pictures and we both liked that one quite a bit, even though my face wasn't in it. If we come up with a better one later I might redo it.
I'm working on getting more Stevie pictures up. Basketball is taking up so much of my time that it's tough to do much else.

No comments: