Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tap Dance

Last night, Tawnia and I went to our first tap class. We were very excited because neither of us had any idea of what we would learn. In the course of an hour we actually learned eight steps - Irish, maxi, essence, waltz, etc. We immediately came home and practiced them for another hour. I even practiced at recess today, and showed some of my kids how to do things. It's much easier to practice tap at random than ballet (for me, anyhow). Our teacher laughed at us a lot, since Tawnia and I seemed to take longer to grasp things than the other girls, but we know it was all out of love. It was very fun, and I'm really looking forward to next Tuesday's class. In the meantime I get to go to ballet tomorrow! I hope I don't get anything mixed up with the new tap stuff.

No comments: