Wednesday, May 03, 2006

not at work today ...

(notice my other post title from Monday for the contrast ...)

Yesterday's doctor check verdict: I've progressed faster than he anticipated. Last week, he said the baby wouldn't come until the middle to end of NEXT week. Now he's saying any time between tomorrow and this weekend. The numbers as of 3 pm yesterday: 80% effaced, 2 cm dilated, and -2 on descent. (Descent = 0 is head is fully engaged at the bottom of my pelvic bone, +4 is crowning, so I'm almost at fully engaged.)

The doctor said that I'm having "false" labor, but I don't know how "false" it is when I've been having pretty steady tension in my entire abdomen for over 24 hours now with a good mix of small contractions. That doesn't sound so fake to me, and it's not stopping like false labor is supposed to. It eases off some, but never goes away. Soooooo ... Adam and I are staying home today to take those loooooong walks around the neighborhood and see if we can't get this kicked all the way into gear for a May 4 birthday party.

Oh, and as an FYI: when we leave for the hospital, we'll call just Mom to let her know. After the baby is born, Adam and Emily will call all of you to let you know. Since I can't predict how recovery is going to go, I can't promise to talk to everyone right away. But I will talk to everyone on the phone over the next few days after that. I'd rather have non-rushed conversations with each of you instead of a 30-second deal because of trying to call EVERYONE (both families and all the friends who want to know immediately) right away, so please be patient with that. Yes, you have priority over everyone else. Muchas gracias and love you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May the Fourth be with you.