Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Field Trip

Today my class went on a field trip to Red Butte Gardens in SLC. It was fun, but we got lost. And since I had printed off the directions for ALL of the parents who were driving... EVERYONE got lost... but at least we all ended up in the same area, and one person did know how to get there. After getting up there we went on the two hour hiking tour. It was pretty cool. I'm excited to take my fourth graders there next year. It was all about classifying plants and animals.

I can't believe that we only have eight days left of school.... and the five days next week are all half days. So we only have three full days of school. It's pretty crazy. My first year of teaching is almost over. Part of me is SO excited because I am ready for a break and I want to be able to put things together for next year. And part of me is sad because I love this group of kids. They really are great.

Other than work, I have been trying to be social. Mindy and I are having a group of people over for games tomorrow evening. It should be fun. We're also enjoying tap and ballet... well, at least tap. Ballet was really hard last week. It could have been our last class, but we had already paid for the next eight weeks. Oh well... I just know that I'm the worst one in both classes... but I don't care, I'm still going to do it anyway.

I am enjoying the wonderful summer weather we've been having. It is nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine. I go for walks a lot, mostly when I'm talking on the phone, even though I get reception in my apartment just fine. It is just to nice to stay inside.

Anyway, I am going to save some stuff to post of the sisters blog, so... for the continuing story... please check there.
-T

No comments: