Thursday, May 11, 2006

Dentist

Today I went to the dentist. It was the fastest appointment I've ever had. I stopped at home to brush my teeth before heading over and was back at home within 30 minutes. While at the dentist my 28 year streak of cavity-free teeth came to an end. I will have my first filling ever on June 5th. After learning about my cavity I guess I forgot how to spit properly or else the dental assistant forgot to put the little air sucker thingy into my mouth all the way or something. As she went to rinse out the polish from my lower teeth I got a little bit of spit on the corner of my mouth and so she had to wipe it off. I laughed a little and then she cleaned my upper teeth. This time when she went to rinse I know for sure that the sucker thing wasn't all the way in my mouth and I think it ended up blowing instead of sucking... I ended up with spit all over my face. She even wiped some off of my forehead. I just laughed and said that I was a failure at spitting today.

I've been in an exceptionally good mood today. I was silly with my kids quite a bit, even while being strict. I am a little sad that I only have 15 days left with my class. They really are great. And tomorrow morning I'll be spending the day at a different charter school observing. They use some of the curriculum that we'll be using for the first time next year. Plus the entire last week is half days... and our last day of school is actually Saturday, June 3rd. I know, weird to have school on a Saturday, but it was either that or have just one day the next week... Saturday really does make sense. I'm not sure how many kids I'll actually get that day, but we'll have fun with whoever shows up.

Ballet is HARD and my body is SORE from it, but it's a good sore. I'm just looking forward to tap dance next Tuesday! It'll be great.

I'm glad that Summer and Trina made it home. When I called to ask Emily if fillings hurt I learned that they were home... and then talked to Trina for a while. It was good... though it doesn't make me want to have children any time soon.

I'm looking forward to July!
Love,
Tawn

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You are so lucky to be having your first filling. To date I've had 10 fillings, 1 crown, and 2 root canals on the same tooth. NOOOO, fillings do not hurt. Normally you get a shot in the jaw, but 4 of my filling I had done without numbing. Get the filling, because it will get worse.