Friday, May 12, 2006

Last day in D. C.

Hello, Family.

Well, I spent today playing tourist, running around at the Smithsonian. It was a beautiful day. I looked at the rockets at the Air and Space Museum.

And I stopped at the modern art museum. There are sculptures outside. They make the dead horses outside the Portland Airport look good. At least you can tell those are supposed to be horses. Then I went inside. The carpet of the lobby has very colorful, striped (eye-smarting) carpet. Then I went upstairs. My first thought was how . . . gray. Black and white photos on the wall (such as animals or Henry VIII and his wives), gray walls, gray floors. And downstairs there was a theater showing some modern dance. The weirdest thing I saw was called "Reverse Spit." It showed people spitting out water, only played backwards so it looked like it was going into their mouths. Five minutes of this. Like I said, it was weird. And the best thing about the museum -- there's a great view of the Mall from the third floor.

I wandered to a couple of other museums -- Natural History and American History. My favorite exhibit at the Natural History Museum is the geology, minerals, and gems exhibit. I went there on Wednesday -- I also saw the mummies and stone age tools there. But today I looked at the exhibit on mammals and the insect zoo. And at the American History Museum, I looked at a couple of exhibits on science and technology and computers.

Well, I've had fun. And tonight, we're going to have pizza and watch a movie.

No comments: