Saturday, May 06, 2006

places and pictures

I would have to really think about all the places I've lived, particularly in the last 8 years since I moved out of Mom and Dad's house. In 6 years - from the time I moved to Monmouth to when I moved into this apartment with Adam - I moved 18 times. I think. 4 different places in Monmouth, a couple different places in Montana, back and forth to California, Salem ... and then 2 other places here in DC before I ended up here. It's been nice to have been in the same place for 2 whole years now. (I moved here at the end of April, while Adam was still in the dorm and then he stayed with a friend until the wedding.) And with a potential move in August, we'll be looking for a place to stick it out for the entire 3 years of law school.

As for pictures ... I also liked the pictures of Stevie. I was wondering when Eric was finally going to post something of him at Disneyland, since they seem to go there pretty frequently. I had no idea my stomach looked like it had a point to it. Weird. And yes, we will post pictures of Summer as quickly as is humanly possible - probably the day we get home from the hospital, since we won't be able to use the computer while we're there. I'm well aware that since I've spent the last 6 years harping about pictures of Brooke and Bryan (Eric is doing well with Stevie pictures, but we didn't have the website when Brooke and Bryan were babies), it's time for paybacks. Even if it takes us a little longer to figure out a webpage, we'll at least put something on the blog and/or email.

Adam had a very good comparison this morning about waiting for Summer to get here. He said it's like we're sitting in an airport waiting for her flight to arrive, but she has no cell phone to call and tell us when it's coming. So we're waiting and waiting, and have no clue what's going on, and getting bored out of our minds.

I'm doing a little better today with being patient. This weekend is stake conference, and yesterday was Temple Day. (ALL day, and the stake presidency even asked people to take the day off work to attend as many sessions as possible.) I finished some initiatories for names that Adam's mom sent us, and we did a session in the afternoon. The thought occurred to me that if Summer had been born this week, I'd either be in the hospital right now or at home recuperating - certainly not participating in stake conference. So maybe she's waiting because there's something we need to hear at stake conference tonight and tomorrow morning. The temple seems to have mellowed me out, but I'm still saying that unless I'm in the hospital Monday morning, I'm going to work. Being mellow does not make me any less bored, and I've become very bored.

No comments: