Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Mindy's funny story

I told Tersadie that my sister had a baby girl. She asked me what her name is. "Summer Marie Caudle." Tersadie looked very confused. "Your last name is Caudle?" I explained that Trina is married, and when I get married I won't be Miss Palmer anymore, but I'll be Mrs. something-else. She got a worried/pouty look on her face. "But you'll stay here won't you?!" Of course I'll stay there. Besides, it won't happen for a long time. She seemed pleased with that answer, but still said, "When you get your new name, I'll still call you Miss Palmer."

And my other good news is that YES, I will have my job next year. I don't need to scramble all summer to get my AA degree, but I would still like to work on it in the fall. Turns out that only title one schools need to have the degree, which we aren't. At the same time, my job description and title will change, and I'll have a lot more responsibilty, and possibly my own math and reading classes. Should be fun!

No comments: