Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Happy Birthday, Summer

I even gave Summer her present -- a stuffed panda I bought at the zoo last week (when I saw the pandas). I did not get to witness the actual birth -- I'll let Trina and Adam fill you in on all the fun details. That was because Trina was in labor all day and all night, but finally, at around 9 this morning, Summer was born.

So this afternoon, I took the bus and the metro to the hospital. It took a while to get across town, but the metro station is only five or six blocks from the hospital. (By the way, they're in Holy Cross Hospital; it's in Silver Spring, Maryland.) Anyway, I got to hold her. She's such a cute little thing, with soft reddish cheeks and deep blue gray eyes. I spent a couple of hours there, and then Adam took me back to their apartment. He's going back again tonight, but I'll be there tomorrow.

No comments: