Thursday, May 04, 2006

day 4

Still nothing. A quick review of the week is ...

- Monday: tightness all across my entire abdomen, like it's one perpetual contraction. At about 2 am Monday night, it felt like contractions were starting on top of that, so I got up and walked around for a while. That's supposed to either stop the labor (if it's false) or it keeps going. It kept going.

- Tuesday: still tightness and cramping, and I was pretty uncomfortable. I've already given the doctor's verdict, so I won't go into all the numbers again.

- yesterday: Adam and I stayed home from work and took a couple of walks. I took a nap, and when I woke up, everything had stopped totally dead in its tracks. Not even the tightness was there. Needless to say, I was very frustrated last night.

- today: I woke up at 4 am with all the tightness back and stronger than before. When Adam and I got up, we immediately went for a walk around the neighborhood for almost an hour and I did have some contractions. Not very strong, but at least identifiable. The tightness is making it a little hard to walk, and even hard to breathe. What the hey. So I called the doctor and they had me go in to the office, and hooked me up to a monitor for an hour. I had more contractions (and the baby is a "text book baby" - she's totally fine), but nothing has changed beyond that. *sigh* So it continues.

What drives me nuts the most is this state of waiting. Everything in life right now is suspended for one reason or another ... waiting for the baby to be born, the wait lists for law school so we don't know where we'll end up living this fall, can't get this or that because we're waiting to see where we're moving, those things will affect what happens with my job at NCSL, blah blah blah ... At least if the baby were born, I could get on with something.

No comments: