Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My life is all about change

It's funny too, because I don't handle change well. Probably the biggest change in my life was becoming a mother. I definately could have been better prepared. I guess no one is ever really ready to become a parent. I was only 19 when I got pregnant. I could have been more informed. I had no idea kids got sick this much. It is far harder that I could have ever imagined. I knew babies woke up at night, but I didn't know that continues through the toddler years (only louder and accompanied with middle of the night tantrums). More knowledge of child developement may have helped. I had never even held a baby before Brooke, more or less changed a diaper. It doesn't really matter though, if I knew then what I know now, I would do it again in a heartbeat. There is no words to describe love for my children, the way I felt the first time I held them, or how proud they make me. I think that I could have sought the guidance of the Lord more through prayer and drawn closer to the Savior. After all we are sealed together for eternity. I just don't think it would be heaven without my loved ones. That definately includes all of you.

Michelle

No comments: