Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Emily's Christmas List

Well, since it's time to start shopping, here are a few things I would like.

1. Books. In particular, I want the fourth book of the Star Wars X-Wing series: "The Bacta War" by Michael Stackpole (I have the first three books, and I really like them). And I want "The Tolkien Reader," which has some of his short stories and an essay on writing fantasy. And I want the novelization of the third Star Wars movie: "Revenge of the Sith," so that I'll have the books for all six. I like reading, especially fantasy and history.
2. Music. I would like some church music, such as "Light of the World" or a Michael McLean collection. And I like instrumental music and movie sound tracks. My favorite composer is John Williams.
3. Clothing items. A thick and fluffy scarf. Nice warm gloves. Thick happy socks. Sweaters and sweatshirts. Remember, I am going to be moving to Virginia in January, and I hear it can get very cold.
4. A wall calendar and a day planner.
5. Pictures to hang on the wall of my dorm room. Pictures of the temple would be nice -- my favorites include Portland, Nauvoo, Washington D.C., and L.A. Pictures of family members would also be really nice.
6. A camera. (I don't care at the moment if it's digital or film.)
7. Card games, like Skip-bo, Phase 10, Uno, etc.
8. Movies. I want some of my old favorites like "Willow" and "The Princess Bride" and "Star Wars."

I hope that helps. Merry Christmas!
Emily

No comments: