Tuesday, June 01, 2004

YYYYYYYYYAY! JUNE!

Heh - ERIC has been looking forward to this month all year ... I'VE been looking forward to this month MY WHOLE LIFE!

If no one else is taking advantage of the blog, then I will. This weekend was great. Friday night, we drove and drove to Danbury, Connecticut, and stayed with Adam's mission trainer Ocimar. (He's Brazilian.) Saturday, we got up at 4 am to go to West Point for Joe's graduation (Adam's brother), and it was very, very neat. I met Joe, and Brandon (another brother), and their mom. Yes, I have met my mother-in-law, and she's quite the character. She'll walk right up to anyone and start talking to them about anything under the sun - it cracked me up. She's great. Y'all will like her.

That afternoon, we went to Manhattan (it's 2 hours away) to the open house of the Manhattan Temple - it's different from anything I'd ever seen, and very beautiful. Adam and I are planning to go up to do a session this fall. We also walked through Times Square and had dinner at a diner. It was a very New York City thing to do - good times.

We spent Sunday with Ocimar (Joe and the rest of the family got the heck outta Dodge as soon as the graduation was over), and Monday we drove home. We stopped in Sleepy Hollow - the town made immortal by Washington Irving's "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow." Fake story, but a real town, and we went there! The cemetery was creepy. I can imagine some weird things happening there, like in the story.

2 weeks from today, and we'll be on the airplane to go to Oregon! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (I'm so wired, I can't even make a word. Just really high-pitched noise.)

Love, Trina and Adam

No comments: