Monday, June 07, 2004

now THIS is more like it!

A HA! We have discovered the secret to getting people (not quite everyone ... Nathan and Clarissa ...) to post! YES!

Interesting coincidental timing - we're talking about high school on the blog, and today, I got an email from one of my best friends from high school about the wedding - Traci. She heard from Cherilee about me getting married (Mom tracked down her info for me). They were my best friends from 7th grade all the way through graduation - I haven't seen them since we were 19, and they're coming to the bridal shower and reception. This is so cool. Traci and I sat next to each other in Algebra 2 our senior year, and I did not GET IT. Traci would help me with the homework every day at lunch, and I'd go see Mr. Wright after school all the time. The day everything finally connected in my brain, I leaned over to Traci and said "I get it!" Mr. Wright turned around from the chalkboard, looked at the ceiling, and said "Thank you!" Cherilee and I always sat within a couple of seats of each other in band, and we were hotel roommates on the trip to Victoria, Canada our senior year. We sat in the lobby of the Empress Hotel and talked for hours.

I shall ponder another discussion question, unless someone else beats me to it. Yes, we'll see each other next week, but come on - we do have a whole week to talk here online.

No comments: