Tuesday, June 29, 2004

defending myself

Quite frankly, I did not expect my siblings to massacre the car at my wedding reception. Well, okay, I did, but I also expected that a lot more people would be in on it ... like April Ward/Brewster and crew, because of what I did to THEIR cars when THEY got married. I was most definitely ready for some drastic retribution and Adam and I thought it would be funny to switch cars on them. THEY are the slackers. For the record, I do not have a problem with people decorating my car - I've done it to enough people that I can handle the return favor. You could have done a lot more to the outside, so no complaining about losing the keys from you, Jared!

We're well aware that Tawnia was PISSED about us switching the cars. We're also aware that our honeymoon send-off consisted of Tawnia glaring at us and stomping away, Eric looking a little upset, and Nathan and Amanda sitting on a swing waving to us. No one else even bothered to walk us out, let alone blow bubbles and take pictures. So thanks for THAT happy memory of our wedding day.

And for crying out loud, knock it off with the "you're our sister no matter what Adam says." JARED has said this a number of times, including this weekend: when you get married, your spouse becomes the immediate family and the siblings become the extended family. Adam has never said anything different from that.

No comments: