Saturday, June 05, 2004

Mom's Turn

My memories of Mac High include lots and lots of driving back and forth - to band and choir concerts, swim and track meets, school plays, picking up and dropping off for school and after school events. All of this driving gave me time to talk to my kids, often one on one. That made all the driving worthwhile. Try it some day when your kids are teenagers. I'll always remember Mr Anderson teasing Dad when Trina played the piano for the choir concert and he took a ton of pictures; Eric practicing his speeches for the speech team; Jared's arrangement of 12 Days of Christmas; Tawnia having to choose between Carnegie Hall and Germany; Emily's novel for English class; Nathan running for "Mr Mac High" and telling everyone that he loves me; Mindy selling her drawing at the Daffodil Festival; and serving dinner for Clarissa and her date to the Winter Formal. These are just a few highlights, but you get the picture. Lots of special memories in my mental picture book.

Thanks for helping me take this walk down memory lane. I love you guys, with all your own unique personalities and talents.

MOM

No comments: