Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Tawnia's Favorite Wedding Memories

Hey Mindy (and everyone else) here are my FAVORITE moments from the last two weekends.

Wedding #1: The best part was catching the bouquet. The first time Trina threw it, it went over everyone's heads (Well technically Sarah Swafford and Amy Ward ducked in fear from the five pounds of chocolate being chucked at their heads.) So Trina had them bring it back to her. She wound up and then turned around and underhanded it to me. It was great! Then Adam's two year old nephew "caught" (really he picked it up off the ground after it landed on the ground in front of him) the garter and so we have some really cute pictures of the two of us together.

I also enjoyed decorating the car. It was really cute. We soaped the windows and put streamers on the mirrors and antenna. Sarah Swafford and Beth Tracy helped me and I told them that we had to be nice. Just the same as I would have to anyone else decorating the car. It was fun hanging out with Beth and Sarah, we enjoyed talking and just relaxing.

I also had fun dancing and lipsyncing to some of the music along with Melanie and Clarissa. It started out with me dancing with Bryan, and then dancing with Melanie and then Clarissa joined in... it was fun.

Oh, and it was funny when Bryan fell into the fountain... but only because Nate was right there to save him, otherwise it wouldn't have been very funny.

Wedding #2: One funny memory happened the night before the wedding. Manda's dog, Rags, decided to maul me while I was sitting on the living room couch. It was so bad that she had to stop talking to Nate on the phone and come over to rescue me. I'm sure it looked funny from her perspective. Also that night we decided to use the satin hands kit on our feet... only we did one foot at a time and then hopped into the bathroom to wash that foot off... that was amusing.

Okay, so then the wedding. It was awesome to get to the temple at 6:45 a.m. on a Saturday and see a lot of cars already there. Then I got to go into the temple with Manda and Nate and sit in as Manda's "mom". I loved being the maid of honor. I felt very honored and loved. =) Even though I wasn't sure exactly what I was supposed to do a lot of the time. It was fun standing next to Manda in the receiving line and listening to everyone congratulate her and Nate.

During the ring ceremony I was in charge of the flower girls. It was entertaining for me and made the time go quickly. Almost as soon as we got to the front Annika wanted to pick up her flower petals. Then she told me she was hot, and then she wanted to go to Sam, and she ended up spending the end of the ceremony crying into my skirt. Brooke was doing pretty well, until about half way through when she went wandering around behind Bro. Hinmon. She did really well though... and even sprinkled her petals all the way back up the aisle and into the house! (On the way back I told Annika that she could go to her Daddy now and so she ran straight to him and burst into tears.)

My favorite part of the reception was, again, catching the bouquet. This time I caught it all legitimately, even though Clarissa did try to get it. (Sorry Cris, but I'm getting married before you!) Then TJ Adams caught the garter (again I think it hit his hand and then the ground and all the guys said that that counted.) We got a picture (I haven't seen it yet.) Of me holding the bouquet and him with the garter on his leg holding his pants up to his knee.

So see, lots of good things happened... that was just some of them of course, it was lots of fun and I wish you could have been here!
Love,
Your sister forever (even after I get married)
Tawnia

No comments: