Saturday, June 05, 2004

From Emily

I know it says Mom, but when I tried to sign up for the Blog, it didn't work. This is really Emily.

My favorite memory? Well, once they had a video announcement that was almost impossible to hear, and then the tape ended and it went to what it was recorded over -- which just happened to be one of my German projects. And the sound came across really well. I think it was our version of the Three Little Pigs. I was the Little Pigs; all of them. I just put my head down and laughed louder than anyone. That was my junior year.

I also like German classes, especially when we could get Gebauer off on a tangent. And our field trip to the zoo was fun.

And there was seminary and winning scripture chases; it was great my sophomore year when I won the stake speed chase. When I saw the people on either side still looking, that was when I knew I would win. I'd never really won anything big before, but this was even better than the time I beat Mom at Upwords. Clarissa says they're not doing those anymore, because they weren't actually learning the scriptures. I did. That was why I won.

Seventeen years of having a Palmer at Mac High, and now it's over. Wahoo! We all made it.

Love,
Emily

No comments: