Thursday, June 03, 2004

Go Flames Go!

I'm not sure if this has been reported in the news there at all, but it's all the news we get up here - Calgary's NHL Hockey team, the Calgary Flames, are in the finals for the Stanley Cup against the Florida Lightning. Game 5 (of 7) is tonight, with a 2-2 tie for games so far. The entire city is Flames Fever, jerseys, flags, EVERYWHERE. Quite insane really, but really neat to see. We've got the whole of Canada cheering as well, since a Canadian team hasn't been in the finals for seven years. Until now. GO FLAMES GO!

In other news, Jason has a new job. I know that I said that last post, but this is a different new job. The other one didn't work out, but it's okay, because Jason wasn't ever not working. That's one good thing about Calgary- there is always work. That, and Jason is an amazingly hard worker, and every place he has ever worked, they love him. Jason is now the floor manager at a furniture store. He gets to build the pieces for the displays, and set them up all nice and pretty.. help customers, and other odds and ends. There's just enough physical and mental work to keep him interested, without completely tiring him out.

The wedding presents are going in the mail tomorrow. No one is allowed to open the package without instructions from me. There are two CD's of the October wedding pictures, and I don't care who gets them.. you can fight over them when they get there. Other than that, talk to me before opening... I don't want someone seeing something without me being on the phone. (This all means you, Tawnia.)

Besides all that, Jason and I are doing well. He's working hard, and I'm being lazy. Nah, I've got stuff to do around the house (the dishes never seem to stop getting dirty!), and I'm studying my Russian again. The weather is beautiful, so I can get outside, and I'm always working on more scrapbooking and drawing stuff. We're happy and healthy, and wishing we could be at the weddings. I think we'll plan on coming down for Christmas.. Jason needs to see how Christmas is really celebrated.

And CONGRATULATIONS CLARISSA! Good luck with graduating tomorrow.. have fun, don't worry.. and pay attention to the speakers (it gives you something to do while you wait). Don't worry if you don't conquer the world right away, just as long as you do something. Be happy, and I'll give you a huge hug when I see you next month!

love,
Mindy and Jason

No comments: