Wednesday, March 23, 2005

temple day

Everyone ready? Mindy and Jason's scheduling in Edmonton has dictated the time for us - 2:30 Mountain time, and whatever your local time is coordinated with that. Adam and I are going, Mindy and Jason are going, and Mom and Dad are going. I actually haven't heard from anyone else either directly or here on the board, so I've been assuming that everyone is participating.

Are you? Is anyone NOT going to do this?

I've been cruising along at work - lots to do, as always. I had my first SOLO lobbying meeting this morning. I've gone to many meetings with Susan on this subject so I'm very familiar with the pitch, but this was the first time she turned me loose by myself. I don't know that it was hugely successful, but I didn't choke. So that's good.

The social schedule with friends from our ward is getting a lot more frequent. It's no longer just playing a board game once a month for a couple of hours and seeing each other at church. Just this last weekend ... Sarah and Taylor came over on Friday evening. I put on Sarah's baby shower Saturday morning, and they came over again on Saturday night as well as Aaron and Anne (who we went to the temple with the weekend before and did sealings) with their baby Eve. Sunday, Adam and I took Natalie, who was just baptized a couple weeks ago, to a fireside. Adam is her home teacher and I'm being transitioned to be her visiting teaching partner. Monday night, I went with Sarah to their new apartment to do some cleaning before they move in this weekend, and we're helping them with that and having them (and Aaron and Anne and Natalie and the missionaries) over for Easter dinner. Whew! Very busy! But it's fun and we're getting to be really good friends. It seems a little weird that I've gone all this time at the "acquaintance" level with pretty much everyone I know around here except obviously Adam, but that's how it's been. All this transitioning in the last year and a half ... we're finally getting fully settled in. Hooray!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Hey Treen,

Laurel and I are in. And by the way, the reason we're doing this is because everyone else in the family is going to the temple at the same time. If they weren't we wouldn't be going, so GO TO THE TEMPLE EVERYBODY!!!

Eric