Saturday, March 26, 2005

My Adventure

I'm home at last. This has been a very long day. I got up at 4:00 this morning, after not getting much sleep, because I was afraid of sleeping in. Cheryl said that getting to the airport an hour before my flight left would be plenty of time. She hates to "hurry up and wait". I tried it her way, but never again. I got to the airport just after 5:30 and when I checked in and got my boarding pass they couldn't guarantee that I would make my flight. The wait in the first line wasn't too long. Then I had to take my bags after they were weighed and wait in another line to have them x-rayed and inspected. I don't know why they do that because you don't have to wait until they're done. Then I went upstairs and waited in another line to get through security. When I finally got to my gate I knew I would make it but they were already boarding. No chance to use the ladies room before getting on the plane. I flew to Seattle and then waited about 1/2 hour for my flight to Portland on a Horizon Air commuter prop plane. I was in row nine at the very back of the plane. About 20 or 30 minutes before we landed we hit some rough weather and it reminded me of Star Tours at Disneyland. There was a little boy about 3 or 4 across from me who thought it was wonderful. He laughed at every bump and dip. When I got to the baggage claim my bags were among the first so I was out the door in record time and Dad pulled up just as I came out. Perfect timing.

Then we were able to slow down a little - we had nearly 2 1/2 hours before our temple session. We went to the clothing store so I could change into my Sunday clothes and bought a few things while we were there. Then we had lunch at the temple and had a nice quiet wait until the session started. I thought of each of you at the various temples. Nathan and Amanda went to Medford so we were all in different ones. It was nice to know that, even though I couldn't see you, you were there. I hope you all made it.

After the temple we went to Costco and got a few things. We finally made it home around 5:00. Like I said, it's been a very long day. Dad and the girls are in town right now, buying dinner for tonight and stuff for tomorrow's Easter feast, and getting the DVD of "The Incredibles". I haven't seen it yet so I hope it's worth it. I doubt that I'll stay awake while we watch it tonight.

Love to you all,
MOM

No comments: