Friday, March 25, 2005

Fun With Boxes

Happy Birthday, Tawnia! Remember, don't overindulge yourself. You're only allowed to eat as much cake and ice cream as will fill the average swimming pool (at Sea World).

Jared, the page looks great. Maybe I should put that sort of warning on my page. I'm trying to figure out how to update it.

Anyway, today I decided to pull all my boxes out of the storage room and go through them. I rearranged my bookshelf to make room for some books, filled the trash can twice, put some things back into storage, and put some other things on display.

I found some interesting things, including:
At least a dozen cards congratulating the family on my birth
Ten Star Wars Pez dispensers (when did those end up in my boxes?)
Two programs from the play I was in when I was twelve "Moments from the King and I," one covered with autographs
A T-shirt from Williamsburg
Yearbooks and awards from school, including one from second grade for giving the best hugs
Rejection letters
Six copies of my first book (perhaps the reason why I am reluctant to print off copies of my latest books is that I don't know here would I put them all)
School projects from kindergarten to college, my latest being the midterm I aced
Church programs from the times I gave talks or sang
My postcard collection
Ticket stubs from almost every play and movie I have ever seen
Letters from family and friends, including poetry written for me from Grandma Beers
An envelope full of photos
Rudy's autograph
Handouts from church, seminary, and institute
A couple of scripts from plays
Poetry books
My jewelry box
A quiz Eric gave me when I was stressed about going to college (why the chicken fixation, Eric?)
Six filled journals (as I have written daily since I was fourteen)
AND
A receipt from a restaurant simply to prove that I have eaten rutabagas.

Love,
Emily

No comments: