Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Summer

Bring on the pink and purple and yellow and lace frills! It's a girl!!!

(There was no good pink in the color option, or I would have used that.) Yes, Eric was correct that we were at the doctor's office when he posted that question. The doctor said that it "looks like" a girl, but she never says for sure because the picture is "fuzzy." Whatever. It was fuzzy when she could identify the kidneys. Don't tell me she can't tell what sort of sexual organs are present (or not, as the case may be). That was probably the most clear view she got of the entire thing. Summer
wasn't very cooperative when the doctor wanted to look at her spine, and kept moving around.

In one of the ultrasound pictures that we got, she looks rather like a space alien with humongous eye sockets (for the size of her head) and a weird nose and mouth. So much for Adam showing them to people and saying "Isn't she cute!!" I'm going to take the pictures to my office tomorrow and see if our techie will scan them for me.

In other news ... I'm going to suggest to Eric that 7 am is indeed too early for the west coast. Maybe he gets up early and that's fine for him (he has Stevie to take care of anyway), but I'll guess that Tawnia and Mindy are going to want to sleep in. It's Christmas Eve AND a Saturday. I'd say more like 9 or 10 for west coast, which would be 12 or 1 out here and starting to stretch it for us (we're doing dinner around 4). What about Monday the 26th? That's the holiday for everyone to get the day off because of Christmas being on Sunday. And maybe we can get online on Christmas afternoon/evening as well.

3 comments:

Mandapanda said...

Congratulations on your fuzzy little girl!!! I'm very excited for you both and I'm sure your little space alien will be very cute soon...I can't wait to see her!
As far as your suggestions for the movie planning, I think later in the day on Saturday is a good idea...we'll probably be spending the night Friday night. Christmas afternoon or evening wouldn't work for us because we'll be up at my parents' in Washington, and the day after Christmas is my Dad's birthday. Just my perspective on all of it...but anyway - yay for girl babies...and boy babies...and all babies! Do you have a baby registry yet? You should get one. I love baby registries!!! I actually created one (hehehehehe) for our baby which will be born in perhaps 3 years or so!

Anonymous said...

See? I was right!

Eric said...

Congrats to Treen and Adam! Baby girl it is! It's going to be so much fun to have the babies together this summer. And this Summer you speak of will be adorable I'm sure.

We'll stick with Saturday morning (okay, a little later than seven). We may hold another meeting later in the week as well. The 27th sounded good.

That way we can overlap and get lots of ideas in and lots of interaction, and give everyone a chance to be heard.

Anyway, Hooray for Summer!