Saturday, December 24, 2005

one more sleep till Christmas

I don't know who all will read this in the next couple of days, but ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

It's Christmas Eve morning and I'm up a little earlier than Adam - I'm going to get started on my desserts (fudge, apple crisp, etc.) for our Christmas Eve dinner with the missionaries. We already seem to have adopted Mom and Dad's newer twist on Christmas scheduling, which is to have the big dinner on Christmas Eve so everyone can take it easy on Christmas Day and eat leftovers. We also had the missionaries join us for Christmas Eve last year.

We really enjoyed the Joseph Smith broadcast last night. If you missed it, we hope that you'll watch the video archive of it when it pops up on lds.org. It was really good. The Tabernacle Choir sang between every talk - it was A LOT of music. And fantastic of course. During some of the songs, they showed clips of the new Joseph Smith movie that's being introduced in the Legacy Theater in Salt Lake this month. We're happy about that too, because we don't have to go to Salt Lake to see it - it's being shown right here at the DC Temple visitor's center (and some others too - I don't know about the LA Temple VC.) It will definitely be here for a while so Emily can see it here, and likely Mom and Dad when they come in June.

If there's a group online to talk later this morning (it's 8:30 here now, so 5:30 out west), give me a call and I'll get on the computer for a bit. I can't get on for very long because I also have some cleaning to do besides all the cooking we've got going, but I'll stick my head in and see what's up. Just let me know when to sign on.

No comments: