Saturday, December 31, 2005

From Emily

I finished the Book of Mormon. I just read the last two chapters. Later, Trina and I are going to do some shopping.

I've been having a good time in D.C. On the first day, we saw the Archives, which has a lot of records -- military records, patents, and the Declaration of Independence. It was very neat. And yesterday, in the evening, Adam took me to see Georgetown, and then later we went to see the D.C. Temple. There are hundreds of thousands of lights on all the trees and bushes, and there are even flowers made of lights. And they have trees decorated with dolls from different countries, and nativity scenes from all over the world, and there was a harp ensemble performing that night. Then we drove downtown to see the national Christmas tree, and there are trees for all the states. I had my picture taken beside the Oregon tree.

Have a wonderful New Year's Eve, wherever you are!

No comments: