Monday, December 19, 2005

comments on the comments

To pull this all out into the light of day ...

the storyboards: In Emily's defense, if you read Tawnia's original post about the storyboards again, it sure LOOKS like Tawnia wanted Emily to make them. I think Dad's idea is cool - to take pictures. You could get out the little people and legos, set them up to be the scenes, and take pictures of those. Maybe?

our digital camera: Dad, I don't know how much video can be shot on it, but we did get a really good memory card. So 20 or 30-second sequences are not out of the question. And if it fills up really fast, we could shoot our bits of footage, download them onto our computer, and email it all right away to Eric and Mom for their editing into the final. That way, we keep our camera clear to take pictures at the reunion, since I, of course, will want many many pictures of our little baby meeting her/his aunts and uncles and cousins for the first time.

Jared's piano question: I don't compose. I used to arrange (before my mission) and did all right at it. I just accompany now, all for church. I can play probably half the hymns, and now I have to start working on the Primary book. It's on my top 100 list to be able to play all the songs in both books. "True to the Faith" is a piece of work, and whoever wrote the bass line to "I hope they call me on a mission" was viciously cruel.

new callings: I can't remember if I said this before or not. I was released about a month ago from teaching Gospel Essentials and being a ward missionary. I now play the piano for Primary. I thought the timing was a little interesting, with taking the baby into Primary straight out of the womb instead of waiting until 18 months old. Also, Adam was "promoted" yesterday at church - he's now the assistant ward mission leader. So I'm back to being an undercover ward missionary, since my activity in that area will obviously continue but back to an unofficial capacity.

26 hours until the ultrasound. Time to make your final bets on if you think the baby is Summer or Michael.

7 comments:

Frank and Evelyn said...

I'm guessing that it's Summer. That will keep things even in the grandchildren department. It doesn't matter either way; the baby will get lots of love whoever it turns out to be.

Skippy said...

I'm a boy!!

Eric said...

I'm going to go with Michael, just to bet on the long shot. Though, to be honest, I really think it's a girl too.

Anonymous said...

We've got 3 to 1 it's a girl, 5 to 1 for a boy. Minimum bet $100, house keeps 10%. (Offer expires 12/20/05. Sales tax applicable in CA, DC, OR, TX, and UT. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited.)

Frank and Evelyn said...

OK Jared, your last comment makes the whole thing void. Gambling is prohibited at Insanity INc. You'd have to be crazy to waste your money like that. (and there's no sales tax in OR)

Frank and Evelyn said...

By the way, Jared, you never gave your guess.

Anonymous said...

Obviously it doesn't matter whether or not Oregon has a sales tax, since the offer is void anyway, silly.

And my guess is that the baby will have a head, two arms, two legs, and a heartbeat. As for other vital organs, well that all depends on whether it's a boy or a girl now, doesn't it?