Thursday, December 15, 2005

a Plan B option

Eric, is there a way to edit a video clip from our digital camera into the movie? Because if there is, here's a thought ...

P.S. I guess this is for Eric and Tawnia and Emily, and I am the assistant screen writer. This is one of my formal contributions. Anyway.

Adam is likely not going to be able to make it to the entire reunion festivities next summer. July is one of the busiest times for Congress, as they blitz a lot of stupid things before their summer break (which is all of August). Our thinking is currently that he try to go for the Uncle Max part of the reunion so that he can meet all the cousins and aunts and uncles as well as our family, and that would mean he would NOT be able to participate in making the movie. If someone thinks we should try to plan the other way around with Adam coming for the movie section, well, then I need some feedback, and which weekend for the Palmer reunion. It would have to be on a weekend. Anyway, so let's say Adam does not go to Oregon for the movie. Plan B to still get him in it:

Before I leave, I go to the Capitol with our little digital camera, and take a couple of clips of him working and talking on the phone in his office. Also, some outside shots. Then, in the movie, we have a line where someone says that the movie theft is so terrible that there ought to be a law!! Or something about the regulation of super heros. (Whatever.) So they're going to call their Senator!! They whip out a cell phone and dial. Cut to a shot of the U.S. Capitol building from the outside. Cut to a clip of Adam on the phone in the Judiciary office. I can work on a little bit of scripting with Emily later ...

And voila!! Adam is in the movie!! All compliments of our little digital camera, which has a video feature on it.

I also still think that Jared's idea of the minion relationships (a la "Torpedo Boy is my brother." "Laura Ingalls Wilder is my great grandmother's cousin" etc.) should be added. Jared, I will lobby for this to be added to the script when Emily comes out here to DC. And if anyone says it's too late to work on the script at New Year's, they can just be quiet. It's my job to contribute to the script and I haven't gotten to do anything with the movie yet. So there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Were you listening in when Eric and I were on the phone last night?

Emily said...

I don't think New Year's is too late to add to the script. But then, I don't think mid June is too late to add to the script.

Eric said...

I'm amazed. I go to lunch and not only have you posted, but Emily and Jared have already replied. The answer on all items is "yes".

Jared and I really did talk about how we can do quite a bit and then edit it in later. A bunch of exterior JPEGS might be good too.

I mean, heck, we can put some "Hollywood" or "Disneyland" shots in too, or other shots from different places we live. And I still think we should include some aerial shots somehow as well... or some bluescreen work.

Emily said...

We could use the random footage for a chase scene, if we can figure out how to get the person running across the background.

Anonymous said...

That would be the bluescreen stuff he was talking about.

Eric said...

I just had this great thought for a gag: The person getting chased (let's say the writer) is shown running through a bunch of different locations. After the second one, the group chasing the writer is shown running in the first location. Then, after showing a bunch of other locations the writer is running through, the group is shown back in the first location again, out of breath.

Anonymous said...

Is bluescreen filming a realistic possibility for us? We would need not only the right software to edit our people into the scenes, but also a big blue screen to film in front of.