Monday, August 21, 2006

Whew!!!

Last week was one long week, with everything going on ... last weekend, my friend Letta from my mission was in DC with some friends. She spent Sunday with us, and crashed on the air mattress Sunday night. Monday morning, Summer and Emily and I went to Nashville - we stayed in the fancy shmancy convention center hotel and ate at expensive restaurants and it was really just a typical conference for me. Stopping to feed Summer occasionally was the only difference, and she didn't like me keeping her out late for group dinners. So we did that only one time (and she was very fussy so we left early). The "adventure" of the trip was that for my first meeting, I was wearing pants and a blazer - 5 minutes before it started, I had Summer in the meeting room to meet a couple of people, and she had a diaper blow-out all over my sleeve. Emily and I bolted for the nearest restroom and spent 10 or 15 minutes cleaning her up enough so Emily could take her back to our room. There went my blazer for the entire conference - it was the only one I took with me. The social event was at the Country Music Hall of Fame, which was mostly all the old country stuff - I didn't see any displays for the new country music artists who I like.

We got back Thursday night. I worked Friday, Adam had his 2nd day of orientation at school, and Emily got packed and ready to leave for SVU. We drove her down on Saturday, and that was a loooong day of Summer being in her carseat. She handled it fairly well. She had her moments, but for the most part she was fine. Yesterday, I put the living room back together (mostly - except the corner with the desk - that's still buried) and the missionaries came over for dinner ... And now I'm back in the office for 9 more work days. Next Thursday is my last day.

Eric and Laurel - Happy anniversary!!
Bryan - Happy birthday!!
Tawnia and Mindy - congrats on moving into your new place!!
Nathan and Amanda - yay for the little Bean!! Let us know when you have the due date!!
Clarissa - sorry to hear that the wedding date is postponed - I hope things are able to work out the way you want them to, and that you're happy with things.

No comments: