Thursday, August 24, 2006

Happy birthday, Stevie!

Happy first birthday to the cutest baby boy in the world! I hope you have a good day and that we get cute pictures up soon of you and your cake.

Today was my first day of class. I had one class -- German. We learned how to say "ich heisse" and say the alphabet and numbers. I did try to test out of German One, but when I took the test, it put me towards the top of German One but still in German One and since it has been seven years since I took a German class, I thought it would be best to review.

Tonight, there is also a class for the travel study students, and I am very excited about that.

Yesterday I spent $500 on text books -- those darn history classes all have multiple text books, but I am going to share my astronomy book with my roommate, Rebecca, who is in the same class.

And last night, "noon-thirty at night," as Rebecca called it, the phone started ringing. It turned out to be our landlady's daughter, and when there was no answer (she was taking a bath), she panicked and thought her mother was in insulin shock and phoned the police who came to the door. And this set the dogs off. And our landlady had just gotten out of the tub. I didn't sleep very well last night.

No comments: