Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Smelly

I think the smells I remember most from my childhood are the smell of rain, and the smell of freshly cut grass. I love the smell of the air right after it rains. It reminds me of home and those afternoons when you just sat inside reading, and listening to the rain fall on the roof. The smell of freshly cut grass reminds me of Dad mowing the lawn. I remember watching him when I was little. I would run from one window to the next to watch. He probably doesn't even know that I did that.


My old car, Hank, has finally gone to his final resting place, State Street Auto Wrecking. I took them the title last Wednesday and they finally picked him up sometime yesterday. He was a good car. We had many great adventures together. I drove that car from Oregon to Utah, from Utah to Texas, from Texas to Oregon, from Oregon to Idaho and back, and then from Oregon to Utah. I remember that one time I left the lights on for three or four days (this was during my first week at EFY) and then finally realized it. I got in and he started right up as if nothing had happened. Not long after I got Hank, Trina invited me to come down to Monmouth to spend the night. So I had my first experience driving Hank in the rain at night... all by myself. It was a little scary, but I made it. Hank was great. He didn't have much of a liking for hills... but going down hill he did amazingly. I didn't have air conditioning, power windows, or a tape deck... but he was great. I loved that car. So everyone please have a moment of silence and think of what a great car I once had... even if you never met him.

-T

No comments: