Friday, August 04, 2006

promotion

I got a promotion today from Staff Assistant to Professional Staff. To give you an idea of how important Staff Assistants are at the Hill, the Assistant part is usually abbreviated into a three-letter profanity. Although I'm only there for two more weeks, the Chief Counsel/Staff Director to give me the promotion (which I asked to take place as I was leaving) to be effective immidiately. I think that it will include a pay raise for the next few weeks. Also, I found out that I have 17 days of unused leave, which I will probably be paid for. So it's about an extra paycheck and a half or so that we weren't planning on. How was your day?

1 comment:

Mandapanda said...

Congratulations Adam! That is awesome :c) It will certainly be nice to put it on your resume, even though it wasn't for a hugely long time - they must think you're doing a great job. So congratulations!