Thursday, August 31, 2006

LAST DAY!!!!

Today is my last day as a career politico ... tomorrow is the first day of Operation Domestic Goddess. Woooo! It's a little surreal still that I won't have a "real" job after today - it hasn't quite sunk yet that I don't have to come back here every day anymore. But I'm excited. I don't have to leave Summer anymore, and I can CLEAN!!! Yes indeed, I'm excited about cleaning my house. It will feel GREAT to have it all scrubbed and organized again, and be able to maintain it at hours not in the middle of the night.

I hope everyone got the pictures of Summer yesterday. There's something else I'll finally be able to do - build her website. Until it's done, I'll just keep emailing pictures out as they're taken. I want to get her blog all caught up too, with backdated stuff and then keep it going at least once a week or so.

Nathan and Amanda - that's great that you're having a spring baby. I already think spring babies are about the best timing because you're not pregnant with your body temperature all out of whack during the heat of the summer. Even last September when I was in my first month, it hadn't cooled off yet and I was more than usually uncomfortable. I'm glad I didn't go through that this summer - the humidity has been WRETCHED this year. Also - if you have a girl, we'll give you the swimsuit we bought for Summer, since it obviously won't fit her anymore next year. It cost us 18 bucks, and she's worn it a grand total of about 20 minutes. Even if we take her to the pool a couple more times, I'll be surprised if she breaks an hour. And tell me again what names you're thinking of ...

Okay, off I go to do my final wrap up!!! YAY!!!

3 comments:

Adam said...

Someone's a little happy.

treen said...

Yes, dear. YOU are. Because now you will have a stay-home wifey with your adorable baby girl, and we will have dinner ready for you every night when you come home.

Skippy said...

Congrats Trina. That is way cool. you can come over anytime you want and make dinner for Amanda and me. We will be more than a little happy.