Thursday, August 10, 2006

Memories

I know that it has only been a month but I miss everyone being around and hanging out with all of you guys. For the last several weeks I have had reminders of some of the things that we did. In our home we have two recycle bins. When they get full, I empty them into bigger barrels in the buildings recycle room. One of the barrels is for paper. Because the students are not here yet, they do not bet emptied often. On the top of the paper barrel is a piece of paper folded in half. Written on it is a list of items that were necessary for the show to go on: Walkie-Talkies, Orange Poncho, and Water Guns. Each item has an exclamation mark after it. On the inside of the folded paper is a short paragraph about how the Sweet-potato is sometimes mistakenly called the yam, and how yams are actually found in specialty stores. Oh the memories. I am reminded of how Adam beat us at Cities and Knights and Jared beat me at Dominoes. Eric, and even Laurel I think, beat me at HORSE or just H. It was fun playing with Brooke and Bryan and how Bryan picked up on the Hot Dog and Brooke gave a fierce high-five. Driving down to Salem with Mindy and Tawnia and having to wait in for 20 minutes or so at construction at midnight was fun too in its own little way. Emily was such a good sport about us being in her sleeping area until way passed her couch time. Anyways, I had a good time, and I remembered all of this because of a little piece of paper in a recycle bin that has been there for a few weeks. I love you all and hope that you are healthy.

Nathan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehe. I'd forgotten about that.