Thursday, June 15, 2006

So here's a funny story...

Today is the last day of our production cycle at work.  We've been running way behind this month, mostly due to part shortages and supplier delays.  So at the managers' meeting yesterday, the boss commented we may need to sacrifice a chicken in order to get all the tools out on time.  So today, my supervisor handed my a big toothpick, like the kind they use for club sandwiches, with my name on it.  Apparently the boss has been given a ceramic chicken-shaped planter, one with lots of little holes.  He's going to carry it through the manufacturing floor, and everyone will "stab" it with our toothpicks.  And then we will be able to meet our quota.  Part of me says "Yeah, okay, whatever (freaks)" and the other part of me says "Hehehe, that's funny."  I think the "that's funny" part of me is winning.

No comments: