Tuesday, June 13, 2006

cool stuff Mom and Dad get to do in DC

I'm visiting Adam for lunch, and conveniently, Senator Specter's personal office called down here a few minutes ago to arrange some tours for Mom and Dad. So get this into your schedule ...

Wed. June 28 - 12:30 - tour of the White House (general public tour - it's a walk through, or you might be on a guided tour with some Girl Scouts)
Thurs. June 29 - 12:30 - guided tour of the Capitol, followed by lunch in the Senators' private dining room.

Cool, huh? Just Mom and Dad for the White House, because we've gone through it before. I'll join you for the Capitol tour and lunch if we can get someone to take Summer for a couple of hours. She's not allowed in the dining room.

Mom, I'll call you soon because I have a question for you about the reunion. Preview: Adam wants to know if we can borrow a car while we're in Seattle so we can go visit his brother James (who does not have a car). Also, I need to talk to you a little more about the idea of going to Charlottesville to see Monticello and the other stuff.

PS - Love the new movie about Stevie!!

1 comment:

Frank and Evelyn said...

WOW! It helps to have connections. I'm sooo excited and I'm sure Dad will be too, but I haven't even told about it yet. He's at work so I'll call and tell him to read the blog when he can. I'm running some errands this afternoon so call after 3:00 our time.