Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Possible songs to sing

Well, when Mom told me about the suggestion, my first thought was similar to Mindy's: don't we have enough planned? But then I thought about it some more, and I think it could be really fun. We shouldn't need to practice more than once or twice, assuming people show up already knowing what we'll be singing. I wouldn't mind being "in charge" unless somebody else wants to volunteer. Make sure everybody has the music, knows which parts to sing, and so on.

So which song to sing?

I thought it might be cool to sing one that people might not be as familiar with, like Kolob (284) or Mysterious Way (285). Then I discussed it with Michelle, and she pointed out that it will be the Sunday right after July 4, so maybe a Patriotic song such as America (339). Pioneer Day will also be coming up, and something like Carry On (255) or For the Strength of the Hills (35) would sound really good too.

Since we'll be there for a family reunion, one of the family oriented songs could also be really neat. Love at Home (294), Families Can Be Together Forever (300), O My Father (292), or Each Life That Touches Ours For Good (293). Michelle's vote is for the Primary song I Have a Family Tree (Primary 199). Seriously, read the words. It's quite appropriate for the situation.

Other hymns we discussed:
A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief (29)
Love One Another (308)
I am a Child of God (301)
The Handcart Song (Primary 220)
Praise to the Lord the Almighty (72)
Nearer My God to Thee (100)
Come Come Ye Saints (30)
All Creatures of Our God and King (62)

No comments: