Sunday, June 04, 2006

Reunion

Hooray! School is finally out and I can focus on other things, as well as getting ready for next year. I know that the summer is going to go VERY quickly because I have so much to do, but at least I have some very fun things planned.

To answer Mom's questions about the reunion. I think we're going to drive down on Friday... though we may stop and spend the night in Boise (it depends on how I feel.) And we'll drive back on the Tuesday following the reunion. (Yes, we can take Emily to the airport... unless our car is too full of the stuff we are bringing back.)
Food: Lasagna. I want that at least once. I think French Toast for breakfast, at least once, sounds good. I like to eat fruit (oranges, bananas, grapes, strawberries, kiwi) for snacks... and those are healthy. Also if you just have veggies out for people to eat (carrots, celery, broccoli), people will probably eat them. Other food... I think I could make chicken enchiladas one night, and Eric could make Cha Siu, and ... I don't know what else. We could have one person in charge of each meal and then everyone else should know that they will be asked to help out. Cooking is one of the things that can bring us together and it can be fun. If we include Saturday dinner and Thursdays breakfast... that makes 14 meals total. And there are 14 adults. We could each be in charge of making one meal. Just an idea.

Okay, and for the "girls activity", I think we should have the whole family go to the beach. Then the girls should go off to the outlet mall and then maybe do a sit down lunch somewhere. The guys can do lunch somewhere else and do... I something other than the outlet mall. (Or we don't have to do lunch seperate and out.) And then we could all hook up at the beach for a picnic, or a hot dog roast, or just to play and have fun. And Mindy suggested that we could do family pictures at the beach.

Speaking of family pictures, I think it would be nice to do some where we are all in coordinated outfits. That way it would look like we were a family, trying to be a family and get family pictures. I was thinking jeans and a white shirt... and then Mindy thought jeans and a red, white, or blue shirt.

I am really, really looking forward to the reunions and my trip to Cali, and havng Em and Cris here for a few weeks, and just being able to relax and have fun.

I love you all.
Love,
T

No comments: